They say, “curls for the girls,” but don’t you dare think that BEER CURLS are enough! For those of you that don’t know, a beer curl is the process of contracting your bicep in order to drink your beer. Hardy har har, right? NO!
I’m not saying, “Don’t do any more beer curls,” I’m just saying cut down on the beer curls and take a more conventional route. Do I dare suggest that you actually perform a conventional bicep exercise with resistance bands or free wights? You beat your ass I am!
Biceps are important to work out because they help in the aid of back workouts. Over time, the stronger your biceps are they stronger your back will become.
Here’s what I like to do. I can usually do bicep exercises in the comfort of my living room because you don’t generally focus too much time on your biceps. I like to perform bicep curls with a resistance band in between commercials. You can get a cheap set of various exercise bands with a wide range of resistance on Amazon.
Here’s what to do.
- Place the arch of your foot over the exercise band while making sure you have a firm grip over the band.
- Without bending your elbows, slowly contract your biceps. This is the transition phase from the starting to the ending position.
- Squeeze your bicep when you reach the peak of contraction and hold it for a second. FEEL THE BURN!
- In a controlled manner, slowly lower your arm back to the starting position.
- Repeat six sets of ten-to-tweleve reps every other day for best results.
What I like about bicep curls with an exercise band more than any thing else that there’s a constant stream of difficulty. When people perform curls with free weights they like to stay at the top of the contraction to rest. It doesn’t get any easier if you stay at the peak of the exercise, as a matter of fact, it gets even harder.
A Word of Thought: There’re are so many difference exercise bands out there, so be sure to get the one that best fits your goals and desires. If you want bigger biceps then get the exercise band with the highest resistance – more weight with less repetitions. If you want leaner biceps then get the exercise band with less resistance – less weight with more repetitions.
Don’t give up when it hurt. If you push through it, you won’t be disappointed.
Best of lucky everybody!
“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Collin Powell